Hello .
So I think we can all agree that when it comes to eating well, heart healthy salmon is pretty high up on the list of super foods we should be eating more of today I want to show you three amazing ways to step up your salmon game, and they're all quick, easy and just happen to taste totally delicious.
No, for my first recipe, I am making a real classic. This is creamy Dijon salmon. And in case you didn't know it already, Dijon mustard and salmon were just meant to be together. They're super complimentary flavors.
Now this dish all comes together in a single skillet, which of course I love. I'm just going to get a little bit of oil into my skillet and let that heat up over medium high heat. In the meantime, I want to season up my Sanam with a little bit of salt and a little bit of pepper. As you can see, I'm keeping things really simple here.
Like I said, everything we're doing is totally classic. Next, I'm going to get my salmon season side down in to my pan. And what I'm going
to do is let it cook away for between three and four minutes. I want it to get nice and golden brown and crisp on one side before I flip it over.
Now while that salmon is cooking away, I'm just going to take this opportunity to season the other side with a little more salt and a little more pepper. And as soon as it's nice and golden and crisp on one side and it releases easily from the pan.
I'm going to flip it over and let it cook for another two to three minutes on the second side. At this point my salmon is fully cooked and I'm just going to use my spatula to carefully transfer it to a clean plate and I'm going to set it aside while I get to work on my amazing creamy Dijon sauce. Now one important thing to note is your pan is probably going to be pretty hot at this point. So I always recommend letting it cooled down a little bit off the heat just before you get started with the rest of this recipe because you don't want to burn your ingredients. Once your skillet is cooled just a little bit you can go ahead and get some butter into the skillet.
I'm using about two tablespoons here and as soon as that butter is melted, I'm also going to be adding some minced garlic to my skillet.
I'm going to let that garlic cook up for 30 seconds or so just until it's nice and fragrant and then I'm going to add some chicken broth. I'm going to let that chicken broth cook away for three or four minutes.
Once your chicken broth has reduced by about half, you can go ahead and add your cream into the pan as well as a good helping of Dijon mustard. we'll stir that all together until the Dijon is well incorporated.
And basically all we need to do is let this cook up for another minute or two just until that sauce becomes a little thicker and creamier and that's when you know it is time to add your finishing ingredient of freshly chopped parsley. Once we've got that parsley stirred in, we're basically just going to return our cook salmon back into the pan and let it cook for another minute or two just until it's heated through again.
I really like serving this up with some rice and some steamed veggies. This is one of those dinners that your entire family will love. And it happens to come together in 20 minutes or less. Next up lovelies, for something a little more Asian inspired I want to show you this incredible orange ginger salmon. Now it is an amazing time to be cooking with oranges because citrus is in season right now. And let me tell you it is out in abundance and it is totally delicious. We're gonna get started once again, by cooking up our salmon.
I've got a little oil heating up in my frying pan and I'm just going to get my salmon into the pan and let it cook up for maybe three or four minutes or until it's nice and golden on one side. We'll give it a quick flip and get it nice and golden on our second side, then you can transfer your salmon out to a clean plate. So I've cleaned up my pan and let it cool down just slightly and I'm just going to add another drizzle of oil. Once my oil is hot, I'm going to get some garlic into the pan as well as some grated ginger. Man I am going to get some orange juice into this pan. So I'm using freshly squeezed orange juice. This time of year citrus is at its best. So don't be shy. You're looking for about a quarter cup which is usually what you'll get from one fresh orange. I'm also going to be adding about a teaspoon of orange zest to this as well. You don't realize it but orange zest is really where you get that amazing orange essence happening. To make this nice and sweet and even more delicious.
I'm going to be adding some honey to my pan as well as a nice splash of soy sauce to round out all of those flavors with a bit of savoriness. I'm going to give this a stir and let it cook for just two or three minutes. That's usually all it takes for it to start to reduce and get nice and syrupy. Once you start seeing that syrupy consistency, you basically are just going to get your salmon back into the pan and then spoon this yumminess over-top.
You can let that cook away for another two minutes or so just until your salmon is fully heated through and this yumminess is ready to be enjoyed. I like serving it up with some rice and some tasty Asian greens. If you missed my latest article on side dishes, I made these Asian greens in that article I highly recommend you check it out.
Come on,guys. Orange Yay, glad it's almost time for dinner. For our last recipe today we're doing something a little different but so, so tasty.
This is fetta and herb crusted salmon, we're going to be baking it in the oven, and it's basically packed with this amazing feta cheese crust that I can seriously not get enough of. As you can see, I have my salmon filets laid out on a parchment lined baking sheet. I want to season these up really, really simply I'm starting with just a little bit of garlic powder on each. You could use fresh garlic in this recipe, but I find it burns pretty easily so I like garlic powder instead it's a little more forgiving.
In addition to my garlic powder, I'm going to add just a touch salt and pepper to eat. And then we're going to prepare our fetta and herb mixture. So as you can see I've got a nice hunk of feta cheese here, my very favorite, you could use cow's milk betta or sheep's milk but definitely up to you. And to that I'm going to add a good handful of fresh herbs. So I've got some parsley, and I've got some freshly chopped chives that are on here as well.
And basically what I'm going to do is just chop my herbs into the betta so everything gets sort of mixed together. And then we're just going to run our knife through it a bunch of times until it's in nice fine sort of crumbles. As though this mixture wasn't already delicious enough, I'm going to go ahead and give this a good squeeze of lemon juice to this going to get some nice citrusy, tangy flavor happening right into our feta cheese. Once we've got that crumb mixture ready, we can go ahead and start to pack this on top of our salmon.
No this is a job for your most important kitchen tools, your hands, you just want to get in there and pack it on top of your salmon.
So it's in a nice even layer. And then you can get this yumminess into the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. For between say 12 and 14 minutes. It really depends on how well done you like your salmon. At the very end of cooking. I recommend boiling this for one to two minutes just to get a bit of browning happening on that feta cheese it really takes the flavor way over the top. When this comes out of the oven.
I guarantee your taste buds will be doing a dance. It tastes incredible. I like to serve it up with some fresh lemon slices and some steamed asparagus. What could be simpler, but honestly what could be more delicious.
I hope you guys will give all three of these amazing salmon recipes a try and if you do, be sure to tweet me Instagram or Facebook Mia photo, because you know how much I love seeing your kitchen creations.
Remember all three of today's yummy recipes are being featured on healthy meal plans.com so you can add them to your meal plan for the week. If you haven't checked it out already. I very much hope you will. We just launched our brand new homepage and it looks so
good and I'm so excited to share it with you guys. Finally, if you haven't already, be sure to subscribe because there is lots more deliciousness where this came from.
